Creating Data Filters in Excel - The most important Excel skill
FILTER A RANGE OF DATA
1. Select any cell on your table within the range
2. Select DATA and then FILTER
3. Select the column header arrow seen below
4. By selecting Text Filters or Number Filters, and then selecting a comparison, like Between, you can refine your search
5. Enter the filter criteria and click OK.
FILTER DATA IN A TABLE
When you put your data in a table, filter controls are automatically added to the table headers.
1. To filter a column, select its column header arrow.
2. Select the boxes you want to see by unchecking (Select All).(Select All) and select the boxes you want to show.
3. Click OK.
The column header arrow
changes to a Filter
icon appears in place of the column header arrow. The filter can be changed or cleared by selecting this icon.
The Table Originals team